Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
The part-time Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing the event rental program which drives business development and revenue goals through excellent customer service and donor relations while maintaining the integrity of the facility and exhibit experiences.
- Provide outstanding customer service and serve as the museum’s liaison to all clients.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with new and existing clients.
- Drive positive revenue growth and support annual budget processes, reporting out regularly.
- Provide direction and oversight during the execution of each event, from setup to breakdown.
- Collaborate with other museum departments, vendors and janitorial services to ensure an excellent experience for clients and guests.
- Lead site tours, develop scope of services and negotiate contracts with clients.
- Maintain event calendar and coordinate staffing, equipment and facilities requests with other museum departments. Attend the bi-monthly Ops meeting.
- Review and refine rental protocols and standards.
- Train and manage event staff during events and collaborate with staffing manager and other staff to provide performance feedback and coaching.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop marketing collateral.
- Ensure fulfillment of venue rental benefits for corporate sponsors, individual donors, and top-level members.
- Support the coordination of internal special events
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of administrative and event coordination experience.
- Advanced computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel; Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers from other departments.
- Ability to work effectively and concurrently on multiple projects, meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Be poised and composed when working under pressure.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Support mission, vision, and key values of inclusivity, excellence, respect, innovation, playfulness, cooperation, and creativity
- Schedule and availability reflects the organization is a 7-day a week operation and many of the programs within this position’s purview will occur on evenings and weekends.
- Assist in engaging and sustaining volunteers through introduction, information sharing and oversight. Proactively provide support ensuring each volunteer has a productive, safe and meaningful experience.
- Provide guidance and support to volunteer and teen youth development program participants.
- Support the Development and Marketing team as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now