Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This contract position is responsible for developing, executing, and managing high impact organizational events that strategically support the organization’s objectives.
The primary responsibility will be to align with the firm’s strategy to grow and empower advisor success, then develop a meeting and event strategy that will support that objective. In addition, the person in the role will manage all aspects of meetings, events and incentive trips including planning, implementation, budget management, financial reconciliation and post event follow-up.
Will also maintain accurate and complete financial records for each event; and review and analyze the outcome of each event to determine effectiveness. Will work closely with all levels of management and vendor partners. This role will also work closely with marketing team members who will support each event with customized marketing plans.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Event Planning: Manage all aspects of a meeting, event or incentive trip including: determining meeting goals and objectives; determine resources and budget required; event design; request for proposal (RFP) development and management; venue selection; contract negotiation; room block determination; agenda development (logistics); speaker and entertainment selection and contracting; determine travel specifications and work with travel provider to provide air and ground transportation, Destination Management Company selection and contracting, food and beverage design; meeting space design; audio visual requirements; manage meeting on-site; co-create trade show design and management.
- Drive scale and efficiency for the network of broker dealers through contract and vendor negotiations.
- Work with the meeting/executive sponsors to create supporting documents and ensure the appropriate elements are in place to bring optimum value to the attendees. Ability to work on multiple meeting and events, in various phases, at once.
- Use project management methodology to lead organizing committees to plan events, align logistics with objectives, establish budgets, and report on progress.
- Work closely with marketing on the overall marketing strategy, timelines and event experience.
- Manage contracts to minimize penalties and obligations - track cost savings and cost avoidances
- Work with the business to develop an attendee strategy (based on the overall firm strategy to drive growth) and develop, manage, document and report trends on attendee registration.
- Organize registration for participants including management of special requests, dietary and medical conditions.
- Manage vendors to insure, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables.
- Oversee complete pre-planning visits and on-site meeting management; insure quality delivery including venue, ground suppliers and external staff support.
- Review and reconcile final billing, and prepare post conference trend/ best practice reports.
- Comprehensive management of small, medium and large scale meeting experiences
- Comprehensive management of all details for small, medium and large scale meetings
- Management, reconciliation and reporting of budgets ranging up to $2M
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong leadership ability managing internal cross-departmental teams and external vendor partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize among assignments
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with different personality traits of meeting hosts and executive management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project Management experience
- Capability to work effectively in deadline situations
- Ability to be creative in solving problems – predictable and unpredictable
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Superior contract negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team player
- Knowledge of Meeting Evolution SMMP meeting tool (a plus – not required)
- Knowledge of CVENT (a plus – not required)
- College Degree (Associates or Bachelors)
- 5+ years meeting management experience required including incentive meetings (National & International)
- CMP and/or CMM Designations, or ability to obtain within 1 year
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now