Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
Responsible for assisting with the planning, marketing and coordination of events designed to attract businesses and visitors.
- Coordinate and facilitate all events including getting sponsors for the events, lining up entertainment, set up, tear down, coordinating marketing materials, securing contracts with venues, and lining up vendors for each event.
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers to make sure that groups are effectively served with badges, banners, convention packets and calendar information.
- Maintain constant contact with existing and new accounts via telephone, social correspondence and face to face meetings. Complete necessary correspondence and other communications in the sales and follow up process.
- Communicate with hotels to obtain, secure and assist with new bookings and statistics.
- Develop and maintain local and area tour itinerary concepts and guest programs for groups.
- Coordinate convention services materials to make sure clients’ needs are met.
- Maintain a current database and files of conventions, groups and events including contact information, historic and future information. Provide monthly reports on statistics to be distributed to management.
- Assist staff in community information finding to update calendar of events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Tourism, Marketing or similar field of study
- 2-4 years of experience in Hotel Sales and/or Hotel Catering or Convention & Visitors Bureau Sales
- Internet/online sales/marketing experience
- Event planning experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and methods used for showing, promoting and selling services and locations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Hotel Operations specifically Sales and Catering
- Skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access)
- Skill researching the advertising needs of departments
- Ability to develop various ideas and thoughts from a given topic
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now